Thursday, October 20, 2016

Dentist, Nails and Haircut. Oh, and my Husband's Coming Home Tonight!

I went to the dentist today for the first time since the migraines started. I was really nervous because there were times over the past year that I went for two or three days without brushing my teeth because my head just hurt too badly. I guess I was lucky though, although there was a bit more scraping and polishing than usual, no cavities! I'm really relieved and I went ahead and made my next appointment for six months from now so I won't let it slide.

Another thing I've put off for way longer than I should have is getting my hair cut. That appointment is tomorrow morning with the woman that's been cutting my hair for a number of years. Because my neck is still uncomfortable and weak, I'll be taking a shower and heading over with wet hair rather than leaning back in her washing bowl. I can hardly wait to not have to wear a head band to keep my bangs out of my eyes!

The woman who does my hair is the sister of the woman who does my nails, although I've been getting my nails done a lot longer. Nails were the one thing I managed to keep doing through the migraines, although I ended up canceling an awful lot of times. Now that I can drive myself over, it's a lot easier. This is what we did for Halloween this year:


It's not easy to tell in the picture, but the black is sparkly. The black cats are nail stickers.

I went to see the surgeon today who did my neck ablation. He said my progress was really good and when I asked him about my frozen shoulder, he added that to my physical therapy prescription. They sent a new copy, so I'm hoping to hear from the therapist in the next couple of days. I really want to get started. I'm walking as often as I can, but still only managing to add a house or two to the distance each time. I really want to get back to the three miles a day I was doing before I got sick.

Tonight's the night! My husband is coming back from St. Louis. He should be here in a few hours and I can hardly wait. So many things around the house I want him to do! Just kidding. I just want him home. It seems like forever that he's been gone. I hope everyone has a nice weekend, I don't know if I'll be on much.

No comments:

Post a Comment