Friday, November 4, 2016

Physical Therapy, No Car and Bipolar Disorder

I finally started Physical Therapy (PT) this morning. She compared my abilities to the last time I was in there and, boy have I lost mobility. Right now, my goal is just to have my head facing forward as my base position instead of hanging down with my head on my chest. Along with my exercises, i think I need to hook my laptop up to my monitor and keyboard so I'm not always looking down at my screen and keys. I can touch type pretty well, but not on a laptop computer, the keys are just not in the right place.

I had to borrow my son's car to get to PT and will have to schedule all of my appointments for mornings on days he has off. Otherwise, I have to drive him to work and pick him up, then he has to go back down to catch the light rail in to see his girlfriend. I know he'll do it, but he's had to cut so far back on the time he gets to see his girl because of his job, I hate to cut into it. When I got back from PT, the tow truck guy was here and I realized I hadn't taken my license plate frame off my car. I asked him if I could still get it. He said, "Sure," jumped up on the truck bed and proceeded to take both license plates off and hand them to me. I'm not sure what I'm going to do wth the plates, but I have my frame. I stole the quote off of someone's email file nearly 20 years ago and I still love it.
We have enough youth
We need a fountain of smart
I am really struggling with my BiPolar Disorder. I'm used to running around like a chicken with my head cut off getting stuff done for a few weeks, then dipping into a depression which makes it so I can barely function. Right now, I'm running one day and doing barely anything the next. I talked to my doctor about it and she raised the dosage on my mood stabilizer a few days ago. Hopefully, that will help. Needing sleeping aids to sleep and having to get up at 6am four days a week isn't helping.

I knew getting back to normal wasn't going to be easy, I try to keep these posts cheerful. So how about a couple cats to perk it up.

 The top one is Robin. She's part Main Coon cat and about the sweetest cat you'll ever meet. Oh, and she drools.

This is Lacey. She's Gray and has a very fluffy tail so I call her squirrel sometimes. If I'm upstairs with her and she doesn't see me go downstairs she'll cry out until I yell up the stairs that I'm downstairs. She's pretty, but not that bright.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment