Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Cactus, Succulent and Bronchitis

It's been almost two weeks since my last post. I'm sorry, really. We moved my laptop to my desk and hooked it into the keyboard and monitor. That would be a great thing if I could see the screen clearly or the external keyboard was big enough to touch type. As it is, I'm playing hunt & peck.

Anyway, my husband and I took a class on Saturday where we made little  plant pots out of cacti and succulents. She also had other decorations we could fit into our little planters. We had a really good time. This is my planter, notice the Easter Island guy.

 The square one is my husband's He had a really good time picking out the different plants he wanted to use.
 We were planning to keep one and give the other as a gift. Neither one of us is willing to give theirs up. So it looks like they're here to stay. Now, if we could just convince the cats not to pull the plants out of their pots.

The website with suggestions of things to do and classes to take for however many miles around your home is called, Verlocal, they offer some amazing stuff. The class we took was at Urban Sprouts, Urban Sprouts are in Renton on S Third Street. No kickback on either, just  a recommendation because we were really happy with the experience.

I finally started physical therapy last week. It's hard, but I am working at it. I couldn't understand why I was feeling so burned out the last few days. I knew I had a bad cough but thought it was just left over from a cold, Well, no, I've been spiking fevers over 101F and the doctor says I have Bronchitis. Apparently being sick for a year leaves your immune system compromised. Who knew? J/K

As you can see from the photo up above, Mickey is bored and doesn't understand why Mom won't take her Bronchitis out in the rain.

Bronchitis is a minor setback. I figure a few days for the steroids to kick in and I'll be ready to get going on my recovery again. Never going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment